How To Use The Karcher Pressure Washer and Safety Tips
Karcher happens to be one of the most well-known pressure washer brands in the market, so it’s no surprise that it is often the preferred brand by many homeowners. Such a powerful machine does come with heavy responsibility though. This means that if you don’t know how to use a powerful Karcher machine, then you might harm yourself or your surrounding in the process.
That said, it’s always important to first know how to use Karcher pressure washers properly and safely. Of course, you may check out the Karcher pressure washer manual to know all of those, but sometimes manuals are either incomplete or pretty hard to read, which is why this guide is made.
If you really want to know the complete ins and outs of how to use Karcher pressure washers and their respective Karcher pressure washer accessories, this guide will help you out.
How To Use A Karcher Pressure Washer
It’s no surprise that there are many models of pressure washers with each of them having their own pros and cons. However, the basic ways on how to use all of them are pretty much the same.
Check out these tips on how to use a Karcher Pressure washer:
- 1. Find an outlet and plug your Karcher pressure washer in
- 2. Press the plus and minus buttons to connect the washer to the gun
- 3. Choose the pressure at which you want your Karcher pressure washer to be at
That’s pretty much how you set up the machine.
Now, look at these tips on how to clean using the Karcher pressure washer:
- If you’re cleaning driveways and patios, first wash the surface and take away the leaves and dirt. We recommend pressure setting 3 for this job. From there, put some patio and deck detergent inside the machine and spray it out using the foam nozzle. Use the patio cleaner to totally take out the dirt and then switch back to the pressure washer wand to rinse the area.
- If you’re cleaning cars, use the pressure setting 2 to wash the vehicle. From there, put some car shampoo inside the machine and use the foam nozzle to spray it. Use a brush to scrub out the stubborn dirt, then rinse the vehicle again with the first wand.
- Cars and patios are the two most common things that people use pressure washers to wash. However, the same techniques would apply for other things as well such as the walls of your house, roofs, and even garden furniture. The only differences would be on the detergents you use and the methods used for scrubbing out the dirt.
Some Safety Tips To Note When Using Karcher Pressure Washers
Due to the immense strength that comes from a Karcher pressure washer hose, accidents may sometimes happen if you’re not careful. If you’re not careful, you may fall backward, spray your body, or damage parts of your home.
That’s precisely why you must always remember these safety measures:
Wear The Right Gear
The minimum that we recommend you wear are closed toe boots, heavy duty rubber gloves, long pants, a helmet or earmuffs, and some safety goggles. The entire outfit can help protect you in the event that you accidentally spray yourself with the washer.
Press The Safety Latch When You’re Done
If you’re done washing or are taking a break, always turn on the safety latch. This will prevent the machine from accidentally turning on and spraying water all around.
Turn The Washer Off
In relation to the previous safety tip, it’s also best if you turn off the whole thing. If you leave the Karcher pressure washer pump on, there’s still that chance of accidentally engaging the washer even with the latch on. Just to be safe, turn the machine off.
Make Sure There’s Nothing Around You
This is extremely important as it could cause harm to others. When you use your pressure washer, always make sure that there are no people or animals around. One shot from the pressure washer can cause massive injuries that result in big wounds, graze, or bleeding. Also, you may want to keep fragile furniture or items away as well. These fragile items include glass and wood furniture.
The phrase, “With great power comes great responsibility” does apply to owning a Karcher pressure washer. That kind of firepower is bound to cause some problems if not used the right way.
That’s why you need to take note of how to use a Karcher pressure washer correctly while observing safety tips to the dot.
TOP 5 most viewed articles in month
In compiling a top-5 list of this month’s most popular articles: